Are you looking for the perfect cookout meal to treat your family to after a day out on the trails at your favorite travel destination? This camping recipe is just what you need. Learn how to make the perfect beef kebabs below.
Recipe adapted from one on ThePioneerWoman.com
- 1/3 c. balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 c. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 c. olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 tbsp. honey, divided
- 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard, divided
- 1 1/2 lb. sirloin or New York strip, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 8 oz. baby portobello mushrooms, large stems removed
- 1 red onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Before you leave for the campground, combine the balsamic vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, olive oil, two cloves of grated garlic, ground black pepper, and red pepper flakes in a small bowl and whiskey until smooth. Then add in one tablespoon of honey in 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard and whisk until smooth again. Keep the marinade in a sealed container or bag until ready to marinate the meat at the campground.
- 1 to 6 hours before you are ready to start cooking, cut your steak into 1-inch cubes and add to the bag or container with the marinade. Gently sister or massage the meat into the mixture and return to the refrigerator for one to six hours.
- 30 minutes before cooking time, remove the meat from the refrigerator so that it can slowly come up to room temperature, and add your bamboo skewers to a bowl of water to soak so that they don’t char while cooking.
- Well, the meat marinades carefully remove the stems from your Portabella mushrooms and slice your red onion and bell peppers into 1-inch pieces.
- When you’re ready to start building the kebabs, simply skewer the meat onto the bamboo sticks and skewer each of the vegetables onto their own sticks as well. By dividing them according to the type of ingredient, you will make them easier to cook perfectly.
- Add your veggie skewers and beef skewers to the grill grate over medium-high heat. You want the fire to be producing heat of around 400 to 450°F.
- Grill the kebabs over your fire for four minutes per side, being sure to brush each side with the glaze that you used for the marinade as you turn it. The veggies may be done before the meat. Just keep an eye to prevent charring.
- Once the meat has reached your desired doneness, remove it from the heat in allowed to rest for five minutes. Sprinkle with parsley before serving.
Contact us today to get a great deal on a new RV.